With a background in magic circle and 'white shoe' (I love that term) international law firms, I have 12 years' experience as a corporate technology lawyer for digital and industrial enterprises. I am passionate about using technology and legal design to drive team engagement, financial and commercial operational compliance, and to measure and manage risk.
The collaborative nature of the legal operations world is fantastic and I am actively engaged with the legal technology, innovation and operations communities as a contributor and speaker. My particular areas of interest and expertise are in agile operating systems, utilising software to drive efficiency and cost reduction in overall budget, and the introduction of new processes based on analytics, algorithms and principles of game theory and behaviour.
- Corporate legal function structure redesign and implementation, involving more than 70 people
- Panel review for a FTSE100 company, covering M&A, IP, ethics & compliance, and governance
- Co-founder of 'Indio' - an alternative legal service provider, created within a corporate legal function
- Design and run of a governance function for a complex Middle East business, ensuring compliance with sanctions
- Panel discussion at The Lawyer conference - 'In-House Counsel as Business Partner'
- Host at 'Bridge the Gap' workshop on the law firm of the future
- Speech at CLOC London Institute on Legal Operations, 'Three Practical Examples'
- Director of Legal Operations & Innovation - Smiths Group Plc
- Associate General Counsel - John Crane (a Division of Smiths Group Plc)
- Divisional General Counsel - Smiths Group Plc
- Senior Attorney - IBM
- Associate - Arnold & Porter
- Trainee - Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- EMEA Council of CLOC (Corporate Legal Operations Consortium)
- Law Society of England & Wales
BA in Jurisprudence
- New College, Oxford
- Leiden University, The Netherlands